This component allows you to add your Kayako's ticketing support functionality into your Joomla site. Once installed, you will need to add your Kayako API information under the configuration page for the extension. Once done, your site users can start adding support tickets to the departments you have set up in your Kayako Suite. You can either respond to the support requests through the Joomla backend or through Kayako.
- Submit tickets once logged in
- When submitting a ticket, user can select the Department they wish to submit a ticket to
- All General Information and Message Details can be submitted
- User can specify the Priority of the ticket, as well as select the Status and Type
- Users can view their existing tickets by sorting by department
- Existing tickets can have their Status and Priority changed
- Existing tickets can also be replied to, along with having attachments added as needed
- In the frontend ticket view, the Department, Owner, Type, Status and Priority are shown, date and time the ticket was initially created, along with the date and time the ticket was last updated
As of version 1.0.9, you can automatically sync tickets and departments. This feature was added to significantly speed up the extension. Previously, tickets and departments were auto syncing continuously between Joomla and Kayako, which causes a significant drop in performance. You can sync departments by clicking the 'Sync Departments' button on the extension landing page in admin, and you can sync tickets by clicking the 'Sync Tickets' button on the extension landing page, also found in the admin.
You can also set up a cron job to perform these tasks for you. The cron you want to set up is:
*/5 * * * * wget http://joomlasitedomain.com/index.php?option=com_kayako&view=cronsync&entity=tickets -o
*/5 * * * * refers to the job running every 5 minutes. Change this to run however frequently you would like for it to.
There are two menu types provided with this component. You can create a menu item to create tickets and create a menu item to view tickets.
The Kayako Support extension for Joomla is a commercial product, and is not for distribution and sharing. Each purchase of the Kayako Support extension entitles you, the buyer, the use of the extension on a single domain. If you wish to use the extension on another domain, you must purchase an additional copy.
If you need support for any items sold here at ScriptsConnect.com, please open a support ticket by going to http://support.scriptsconnect.com. When opening a support ticket, please mention what product you are requesting support for, as well as a detailed description of what the issue is. Upon receipt of your issue, we will respond in a timely manner. Support is only provided to those who've purchased the item in question, and is provided for 6 months free from the date of purchase. If you request support after 6 months, you will have to buy the extension again for continued support.
1.0.9b(Released on 2013-11-05)
- Remove all old tickets when API information is changed.
- Remove all old departments when API information is changed.
1.0.9 (Released on 2013-09-24)
- A Joomla/Kayako bridge will be implemented to synchronize 1. Tickets, 2. Users, 3. Departments. This requires a large number of modifications to the extension. This modification is essential in order to speed up varying processes that are currently slow due to the lack of synchrionization.
- Pagination and Sorter for the View Tickets section in both the frontend and backend.
- Translations for German, Polish and Spanish included for both the frontend and backend.
- Beginning stages of the 'Modern' theme for the admin backend. Themes will be better integrated into the extension for the next release. The UI styles for Black, White, Blue and Modern themes will be completed for both admin and frontend in the upcoming 1.1.0 release scheduled next month.
1.0.8 (Released on 2013-06-30)
- Custom fields modification to allow the user to assign custom fields to specific departments.
- Language Support (English, German, Polish, Spanish - Translations not made for German, Polish and Spanish)
- Sort Departments based on Kayako setup
- Fixed an issue with system generated URLs when selecting a department in the frontend to submit a ticket.
1.0.7 (Released on 2013-06-25)
- Custom fields - this release for custom themes allows for custom fields to be integrated into the extension; however, custom fields are not directly assigned to their respective departments. This is due to a limitation in the Kayako REST API. In release 1.0.8, a work around will be added so that users can assign custom fields to specific departments.
- As of the 1.0.7 release with custom fields, the ability to save custom field data is possible by applying an improvement patch to Kayako. This patch is a single file, class.Controller_TicketCustomField.php, that has to be added to your Kayako software at __apps/tickets/api/ You can download this file by clicking here. Kayako has since made an update to their dev site, SWIFT-2273, and has marked this issue as an improvement, and is scheduled to be released in an upcoming Kayako build release in the next 1 to 2 months, starting with the 4.61.xxxx release. Once this release is made and your helpdesk has been upgraded, you will no longer have to apply this patch. Until then, each time you upgrade, you need to reapply this patch.
1.0.6 (Released on 2013-06-18)
- Fixed installation issue in J3.x version of the extension
- Fixed indentation of child categories
- Each admin can now only see departments/tickets they are assigned to
1.0.5 (Released on 2013-05-24)
- Fixed file attachment path issue for files attached to tickets
- Fixed issue with closed tickets not showing
- Now possible to show tickets for all departments
- Fixed issue in which lines were not breaking in each ticket submission
1.0.4 (Released on 2013-04-10)
- Now storing API credentials in database
- Implemented theming for admin and frontend
- Fixed an issue with the Update Button for form submission in the frontend